Tuesday, January 6, 2009

More Gruel?




















Earlier today, before I got wrapped up in e-commerce, I was thinking what would a real bohemian do?  N. tells me that we are real and that even bohemians have heated studios and indoor bathrooms, now.  So, to the question.  It goes back to something I said in an earlier post about burning the furniture before I'd burn books.  I don't have a problem selling the odd book, but, so far, I've refrained from burning them.  Times are hard, but as it turns out, books have many non-incendiary uses.  This is for all the real bohemians:
  1. When you're manning the barricades made from your furniture (which can be burned later for heat), you can hurl the heavier tomes at the oppressors.  I keep three copies of Ulysses for this purpose.
  2. You can tear out pages, crumple them up and stuff them inside your trouser legs for insulation in winter.  In fact, you can paint draw and write on these pieces of paper and keep them up your trousers.
  3. When you've burned all the furniture, you can sit on piles of books.
  4. A stout wall of books can stop bullets fired at you by hungry neighbors.  They want your cookbooks!
  5. If all else fails, lose yourself in a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment